Coaching for Engagement
Structure: 2 days
- Organizations wanting to increase performance and employee engagement
- Leaders wanting to create engagement in their teams
- Managers wanting to create engagement in their teams
A coaching style of management increases employee engagement
Measuring employee engagement has become a key factor in assessing how well an organization is doing at enabling its people to do their job. It has become a litmus test for management ability because the higher the employee engagement, the greater the increase in business outcomes, including profit. The cornerstones of coaching are learning, performance and enjoyment. As these increase, so will employee engagement.
Coaching for Engagement is a 2-day training programme for leaders and managers that has been specifically designed to incorporate each of the areas of employee engagement and give the skills needed to create engagement. Employee Engagement Surveys cover a broad range of topics including:
- Opportunities for growth
- Work–life balance
- Respect for management
- Respect for employees
- Performance & accountability
- Personal expression/diversity
Surveys enable organizations to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their management ability and Coaching for Engagement can be tailored accordingly.
“One of the key objectives of the programme was to improve our employee engagement – we have seen significant improvements and the programme is recognized as a great success by our senior management.”Don K Carter, Vice President of Management Development, Global Talent Development & Org Effectiveness at MasterCard Worldwide (2011–2014), USA
Authentic coaching and feedback skills ensures long-term success
Performance Consultants works at the transformational level as opposed to the transactional level in order to create sustainable behavioural change for long-term success. We deliver in-house corporate programmes globally that are tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Improving employee engagement at Mastercard
Mastercard employs approximately 6,700 people. When Mastercard’s new CEO, Ajaypal Singh Banga, set the business the remit of “competing to win”, the Learning & Development team identified that, in the existing business environment, this required leaders to develop empowered, engaged and energized employees who would take ownership to create solutions in the face of current challenges. Their main objective was to improve employee engagement. To do this they asked Performance Consultants to partner with them to launch a new coaching initiative.
The “Wow Factor”
Helping groups of leaders and managers to develop a coaching style of leadership requires specialized facilitation skills and expertise, consolidated by authentic coaching behaviours. Our approach to training is not a traditional classroom training. We call this “Experiential Coach Facilitation”. As the name suggests, the style is highly experiential and practical (versus theoretical), and takes advantage of Accelerated Learning Techniques and Adult Learning Theory.
Employee engagement programme options
- IN-HOUSE: We can deliver training for your organization at multiple venues of your choice, worldwide
- BESPOKE OR OFF THE SHELF: We can tailor a coaching training programme perfectly to fit your organization’s unique requirements and strategic objectives
- MULTI-CULTURAL & MULTI-LINGUAL: Our world-class trainers and materials are available for delivery globally
- TRAIN THE TRAINER (TTT): We can equip your in-house trainers with the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver our training programme
- ONLINE: This can be delivered as an online programme with synchronous (live) online training, asynchronous lessons, coaching demos, exercises and other study aids and mentor coaching
- BLENDED LEARNING: Our e-Learning toolkit is available as a resource and support for our in-house performance improvement programmes
- CERTIFICATION: On completion of the minimum requirements, all participants receive a Certificate of Professional Development (CPD).
To order an in-house programme or to discuss how we can support the specific training needs of your managers, leaders and organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 3903 0011.