Discover retaining millennials in the organisation.
– 5 mins read –
Generation Y has spoken: millennials value companies that behave in an ethical manner, contribute to society and provide training, support and leadership skills. These findings – from the 2016 Deloitte Millennial Survey – focus on younger employees but we have seen a shift towards the same ideas throughout organizations.
The survey asks: “What are the most important values a business should follow if it is to have long-term success?” Millennials responded that businesses should put employees first, and they should have a solid foundation of trust and integrity. Customer care and high-quality, reliable products also ranked relatively high in importance. Attention to the environment and social responsibility were also mentioned by a significant number. Few (5 per cent) of those answering thought profit-focused values would ensure long-term success.
Of more immediate concern, the report highlights the lack of company loyalty from millennial employees. Two-thirds expect to leave their job by the end of 2020, with almost half stating they would like to leave their current employers within 2 years.
While the report goes into depth about how millennials want organizations to be better corporate citizens, the most telling statistics come from the link between employee loyalty and leadership development within the company.
Join one of our webinars to find out more about a coaching leadership style
At Performance Consultants International, we bring out the heart and soul of organizations through our transformational coaching and leadership work to unleash people and create sustainable growth. We develop human skills throughout the organization, where each one of us feels involved in a meaningful journey in which we have a hand in making decisions that count, for a company that values us.
If you enjoyed this article, you may like to read next:
Connect with us:
How can you bring coaching into your organization?
Sir John and his colleagues at Performance Consultants were the first to take coaching into the workplace and coined the term “performance coaching” in the early 1980s. We continue to lead the field in performance improvement through coaching leadership training.
Select one of the options shown. Or get in touch and one of our world-class leadership development consultants will work with you to create a tailored programme that meets your specific needs.
- Attend a Coaching Course – experience the benefits of coaching first hand. See our Global Training Calendar to find the right course for you
- Transformational Leader Pathway – learn how to be a leader–coach with a coaching leadership style that creates a culture of high performance for you, your team and entire organization
- Performance Coach Certification – become a coach or take your coaching skills to the next level so that you can practise transformational leadership coaching
- Individual Coaching (1:1) – take your leadership to the next level with a tailored, fast-track professional development coaching programme
- Team Development – unlock the next level of potential in your team with team coaching